Just Us

A glimpse into our daily lives as we go through our adoption journey . . . Eric: the husband, the daddy, the Senior Buyer, the wise one, the king of patience, the man of the outdoors, the funny guy . . . Laura: the wife, the mom, the educator, the reader, the organizer, the yoga practicer, the blogger . . . Kyler: the son, the older brother, the Second grader, the thinker, the soccer player, the writer and artist, the Lego builder . . . Kacin: the son, the younger brother, the First grader, the swimmer, the comedian, the car expert, the cuddler . . . us.







Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Week of School

On Day One of First Grade . . .
At 6 years old,

Kyler's favorites:
colors: green and red
food: fruits and vegetables, like grapes
friends: Jack and Bettiann
place to go: bookstore
book: Geronimo Stilton series
thing to do: read
toy: legos
movie: Star Wars
thing he did on the first day of school: math game

On Day One of Kindergarten . . .
At 5 years old,

Kacin's favorites:
color: blue
food: chicken nuggets
friends: Jack, Ethan, and Owen
place to go: the store
toy: cars
thing to do: play outside
book: all sorts
movie: Cars
thing he did on the first day of school: ABC work

The first week of school is
over.
And the boys are still happy and excited
to go back on Monday.

How am I doing with all this growing up business?
I will admit, Kyler starting First grade was
REALLY hard on me.
All day in school, growing so big.
And partly hard because it made me think
too much
about the 4 years I taught first grade.
I loved teaching. And seeing his classroom made me miss it
like crazy.
For just a day though.
As I thought about it some more,
I realized how happy and lucky and glad
I am that I can be a stay-home mom.
I can cuddle, hug, read, play games, play at the park,
talk with, bake cookies, ride bikes, and sing songs
with my kids.
I get to teach them
and watch them grow
and see them learn new things each day.

The first week of school is
over.
And I am happy and excited
to still be a stay-home mom on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment